skip to main | skip to sidebar

Mini Manor Blog

    Friday, September 2, 2011

    Flowers on Friday: Roses

    I missed yesterday's post, I have what can only be known as the WORST COLD ever. Me . . . over exaggerating . . . never ;)
    Lee brought roses home, along with a gallon of orange juice and some cold fx :) I'm starting to feel better already, maybe it's the orange juice but I prefer to think it's the roses.



    I LOVE using a round vase for roses. I wish I could give you a well thought out answer as to why . . . but I can't, I just think they look great in a round vase.
    Anyone have a favorite shaped vase??
    Posted by Maillardville Manor at 4:30 AM
    Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
    Labels: Flowers on Friday

    16 comments:

    1. Simply LKJSeptember 2, 2011 at 4:34 AM

      Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit under the weather! The whole volleyball team was passing that around last week...oh the joys of the beginning of a new school year and germs galore! The roses are beautiful. I too love a round vase. I think it is because it instantly makes any flower arrangement look fuller. Hope you have a good weekend. Chicken Noodle soup is always great for a cold!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. Ashley @ A {Blonde's} DIY LifeSeptember 2, 2011 at 5:15 AM

      The roses are gorgeous, hope you feel better!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    3. MorganSeptember 2, 2011 at 5:55 AM

      Sorry you're not feeling well, but those roses are gorgeous! How thoughtful of your husband. Those flowers look awesome in your library as well.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    4. Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve.September 2, 2011 at 6:09 AM

      Beautiful roses! I hope your start feeling better soon!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    5. AnonymousSeptember 2, 2011 at 6:09 AM

      Your roses look great in that little round vase.

      My favorite vase shape is a simple straight cylinder. I have a bunch of them in all different sizes. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    6. ElaineSeptember 2, 2011 at 7:59 AM

      Hi Ashli! Sorry to hear you are sick but BONUS about the roses :)
      I just wanted to let you know that I've featured your wonderful cupcake stand today over on my blog. Thanks for the continued inspiration! :) Get better soon and enjoy the long weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    7. AmySeptember 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM

      Lee is a sweetheart! I don't get flowers often enough to have a favorite vase, I actually technically don't even own a vase! Last time I received flowers they were from my best friend and I put them in some blue mason jars. That worked beautifully. :)
      Hope you are feeling back to normal soon!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    8. KarenSeptember 2, 2011 at 8:57 AM

      I prefer roses in a round vase, too.... makes them seem less formal, I think. I put tulips in a round vase, too.

      Hope you feel better soon.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    9. the norman familySeptember 2, 2011 at 9:58 AM

      i just love your blog. your house is JUST perfect. i am really working at making our home greener and your blog is one of my go-to references. thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    10. GinaESeptember 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM

      You KNOW it is the roses and the very thoughtful Lee. I'm so sorry you are sick. Sleep a lot this weekend and just pamper yourself. Hugs!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    11. Bird Bug PugSeptember 2, 2011 at 2:42 PM

      those roses are beautiful, i can't wait to see what i find at the organic framers market today flower wise.... love that you read bill bryson too! read his Australia book and think of me :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    12. AnonymousSeptember 3, 2011 at 7:37 PM

      When did you and Lee begin your flowers for Friday tradition? I think it is such a great idea!

      Lisa

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    13. greymattersSeptember 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM

      Sorry you're under the weather! Lovely little bouquet presented in such a charming way - love the round vase! I have a square "cube" vase about the same size that I like to put roses in:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/beesquare/5421850129/in/photostream/

      Get well soon - LOVE your blog - you truly are an inspiration! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    14. OliviaSeptember 5, 2011 at 10:26 PM

      Funny, I just put that Bill Bryson book on my reading list last week. :)

      I love my small round vase for hydrangeas. My fave - and they seem to last forever as long as they've got water!

      Hope you're feeling better after a long weekend of R&R.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    15. Tracey Ayton PhotographySeptember 5, 2011 at 10:36 PM

      Isn't it wonderful when you put a vase of roses ..... or any flower for that matter in a room, and see how beautiful the room looks. I would rather have fresh cut flowers everyday rather than diamonds!!! Hope you feel better.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    16. Ashli from Maillardville ManorSeptember 6, 2011 at 1:20 PM

      Lisa,
      I don't know exactly when it started, but every two weeks they just kept coming, and I didn't want to question it! haha
      Here's our First Flowers on Friday post:
      http://www.maillardvillemanor.com/2010/06/flowers-on-friday.html
      Lots of Love
      Ashli

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    Add comment
    Load more...

    Home
    Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Advertise with IZEA Media

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner



    stacey ann
    ~ ~ ~ ~ Open Floor Plan ~ ~ ~ ~
    For more Orthopaedic Mattresses
    ~~~~~Visit this website~~~~

     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     


    Also Featured Here!

    Promotional Codes

    • Shop Top Brands
      • Murad Coupons
      • Aliexpress
      • Pottery Barn Coupon Code
      • etnies Online Coupons
      • Famous Footwear

    • ►  2014 (7)
      • March (7)
    • ►  2013 (99)
      • December (1)
      • November (2)
      • October (6)
      • August (4)
      • July (5)
      • June (9)
      • May (14)
      • April (19)
      • March (13)
      • February (13)
      • January (13)
    • ►  2012 (215)
      • December (14)
      • November (13)
      • October (18)
      • September (16)
      • August (17)
      • July (20)
      • June (20)
      • May (20)
      • April (18)
      • March (21)
      • February (19)
      • January (19)
    • ▼  2011 (229)
      • December (11)
      • November (16)
      • October (18)
      • September (18)
      • August (22)
      • July (23)
      • June (16)
      • May (20)
      • April (20)
      • March (29)
      • February (19)
      • January (17)
    • ►  2010 (155)
      • December (17)
      • November (8)
      • October (13)
      • September (27)
      • August (24)
      • July (26)
      • June (40)

     

    • Breakfast
    • Lunch
    • Dinner
    • Beef
    • Chicken
    • Pork
    • Fish
    • Vegetarian
    • Dessert
    • Kitchen
    • Living
    • Office
    • Bedroom
    • Bathroom
    • Laundry
    • Garage
    • Flowers
    • Lawn
    • Vegetables
    • Valentine's
    • St. Patrick's
    • Easter
    • Thanksgiving
    • Halloween
    • Christmas
    • New Year's